August 27, 2010

August in review

Sorry it has been SO long since my last update... going back to work and starting a new school year is always a little overwhelming! We have had 17 school days to date and I am loving my new class. They are super sweet and pretty well behaved. I always forget how little they are at the beginning of the year and how hard it is to "train" them in my classroom routines and procedures. Here is the 2nd grade team on our "Reading Ranch Kick-Off" western day.

We have also been working hard at the house. Earlier this month, my Uncle David was nice enough to come up and tile our kitchen floor. He did a wonderful job and the kitchen looks so much better! Here are a few pictures of the work in progress and the finished product.

We have been working hard getting ready for the baby too! We decided on a name and it is set! Our little girl is going to be Emily Kate. We painted Emily's room and put together her furniture. We still have a long way to go, but here is the start:

The crib is done too, but the picture wouldn't upload for some reason...
Speaking of Emily, here we are at 22 weeks:

More to come... sooner rather than later this time!



No comments: